Job Title: Head of Communications
Salary: €6,301 per month (gross)¹ (Grade A2)
Contract Type: Renewable fixed term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e29/2021
Do you have professional media or communications experience, including drafting press releases, social media news and responding to journalist requests, gained in a medical/scientific setting? Alternatively, do you have a scientific background with professional media or communications experience? Would you be able to lead a team in implementing the EDQM’s communications strategy promoting the EDQM’s activities to stakeholders? If so, this vacancy may be the right opportunity for you.
Main responsibilities of the job:
As the Head of EDQM’s Communications Section, you will plan, implement and evaluate various communication and promotion programmes, projects, events and initiatives with the overall objective to raise the visibility of the EDQM and its activities, in accordance with the Organisation’s communication strategy.
Please consult the Vacancy Notice for more details.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection, contributing to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond;
- Personal growth through a range of learning & development options to improve your competencies including technical and language training, a structured induction plan;
- A real cultural melting pot as there are over 20 nationalities working at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- 32 working days leave per year and flexible working hours between 7h-19h and more flexibility through teleworking following completion of your probationary period;
- 1 an attractive income-tax-free salary and benefits package, including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
*Please consult the vacancy notice
for more details or click here
to find out Why you should join the EDQM?
*If you meet the eligibility criteria and have the nationality of one of the 47 member states, please submit your application using our online recruitment website.
With over 2000 staff representing all its 47 member States, the Council of Europe is a multicultural organisation. We all strive towards protecting human rights, democracy and the rule of law and our three core values - professionalism, integrity and respect - guide the way we work. The European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) is a leading organisation whose mission is to contribute to the protection of public health by promoting access to safe medicines and healthcare through the elaboration of quality standards, which are recognised as a scientific benchmark worldwide. These standards for medicines and their ingredients are compiled in the European Pharmacopoeia and are legally binding in 39 European Member States (and the European Union) but are widely used in the human and animal health sectors across the globe. The EDQM also develops guidelines and standards in the areas of blood transfusion, organ, tissue and cell transplantation and consumer health issues such as cosmetics and food contact materials. Watch our video for more information. Within the EDQM, the European Pharmacopoeia Department (EPD) is responsible for the technical and scientific Secretariat of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) Commission and for preparing the texts of the Ph. Eur. with the relevant groups of experts and working parties. The purpose of a pharmacopoeia is to promote public health by the provision of recognised common standards for the quality of medicines and their components. The Ph. Eur. thus plays a key role in ensuring that medicines in Europe are safe and of good quality. To elaborate on the Ph. Eur., EPD works with a network of more than 800 experts with an extensive scientific background in different disciplines and from all over Europe and beyond.