Lidl in Malta is looking to recruit a Communications Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis. The person who will be chosen for this position will help the Company in its communication strategy by managing the Company’s internal and external communications, CSR projects and social media.
- Managing the Company’s Intranet and App, including editorial planning;
- Writing articles and press releases as required for both internal and external customers;
- Producing press texts and assisting in responding to national and regional media enquiries;
- Monitoring relevant social media channels and assisting in their management;
- Assisting in the preparation and management of the Company’s CSR strategy;
- Assisting in the preparation and management of the Company’s Employer Branding strategy;
- Preparing and presenting reports as required.
Lidl was founded in the 30’s in Germany as a food distribution company! Today Lidl, part of the Schwarz group, is one of the major retail operators in Germany and as an international group, it has an important role in Europe. The first supermarkets have been opened in the 70’s. Lidl has continued his growth in the 80’s in Germany, entering the international market in the 90’s. Currently, there are supermarkets in almost all European countries. Nowadays Lidl is one of the most developed discount chains in Europe. Also in the future Lidl will keep playing an important role in the development of new markets, offering as always the best value for money harmony.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or another relevant field;
- Excellent command of the English and Maltese languages, both written and verbal;
- Capable of communicating in Italian;
- Able to adapt tone and style of communication to the different stakeholders within and outside the company;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel;
- Knowledge of Photoshop would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working in a marketing, digital marketing, or communications role would be considered an asset.