Within this job as a Machine Setter, you will be responsible for setting the injection machines, and your duties include:
- Ensuring that allocated machines are running efficiently and with good quality
- Adhering to and filling in the necessary paperwork related to temperature control charts, line check sheets and cleaning checklists
- Cleaning and polishing tools as per production schedule using a variety of cleaning methods including ultrasonic, CO2 and shot blasting
- Carrying out tool/CRB/CFO changes as per production schedule
- Ensuring autonomous maintenance and preventative checks are carried out and recorded as per instructions
- Maintaining a clean and organized working environment in line with 5S methodology
- Ensuring all production data is recorded as required by the cell's supervisor / Manager
- Carrying out samples and tool / material evaluations
- Conducting basic tool maintenance such as replacement of ejectors, latches, back-plates, quick clamps, locators etc.
Education & Experience
- O’ Level of Education or better is needed
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English is required (read and write)
- Knowledge of the injection moulding techniques
- Attention to detail
- Open to learning and taking feedback
- Good communication skills
This position is on 3-shift basis, including morning shifts, afternoon shifts and night shifts.
This Machine Setter position is with one of the leading manufacturing companies in Malta.
Job Reference Code MI963