One of our clients are currently looking to recruit a Tax Lawyer to join their team. Forming part of a team of four, the successful applicant will provide a personalised service to both corporate and private clients, including high NET worth individuals..
- Provide advise and assistance in relation to laws, regulations and good practice in relation to Maltese direct and indirect taxation measures
- Drafting of legal advice, as well as researching and keeping updated on various tax and legal developments.
- Advising on briefs across a range of practice areas including M&A transactions, asset finance, gaming, aviation and shipping
- Representing clients involved in tax disputes with the local revenue.
- Work closely with the tax compliance and tax accountant team to provide a full tax and immigration service to clients.
Education and experience:
- Fully qualified lawyer warranted under Maltese law
- A minimum of two years previous experience with exposure to tax
- Applicants with existing Tax specific qualifications will be considered favourably
- Applicants without a tax specific qualification who are willing to complete the MIT course on taxation will also be considered.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in Maltese is also preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well presented and professional