Reporting directly to the Country Managing Partner and General Counsel our client is seeking a Legal Counsel to join their team of professionals.
- Advising on matters pertaining to regulatory law, employment law, laws governing the accountancy profession, immigration law and general contractual law;
- Assisting with the compliance for the international offices in relation to local laws and regulations including GDPR and Prevention of AML;
- Providing high-quality, commercially-in-formed legal advice to the practice;
- Positioning oneself as a trusted business advisor through prudence and exercise of sound judgment;
- Liaising with external legal firms on internal legal matters;
- Supporting and cascading best practices agreed on within the General Counsel Office;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients proactively and contributing to new clients;
- Managing client accounts, including client care requirements and financial management, preparing proposals, participating in pitches;
- Participating in giving internal and external presentations;
- Producing expert articles for publication;
- Contributing to retaining and training law professionals.