MaltaPost Plc is looking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to Head, Risk & Compliance, the successful candidate will be the point of reference for regulatory and compliance matters to ensure that the Company and its subsidiaries meet all relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate would:
- Lead the fulfilment and delivery of the Company's legal and compliance programme;
- Monitor and review legislative and regulatory developments that might affect the company and its operations on an ongoing basis and where applicable, disseminate this information to key stakeholders;
- Support the implementation and monitoring of internal controls to ensure that the undertaking complies with regulatory requirements;
- Create, maintain and implement compliance-related policies;
- Conduct internal compliance reviews, legislative gap analysis and ensure that action is taken by all functions to address identified issues;
- Compile and submit regulatory reports including information requests, data, responses to Consultation Papers, as required for the Company and its subsidiaries;
- Coordinate continuous training for management and staff on compliance and regulatory matters.
- Be a warranted lawyer. Preference will be given to those possessing experience or specialisation in Insurance or Financial Services or Communications;
- Possess a minimum of three years of working experience;
- Have excellent communications and writing skills in both English and Maltese.
*Applicants are reminded to refer to the vacancy being applied for.