One of our clients in Malta is looking to recruit an Underwriter (Commercial lines) to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Delivery of a high-quality support service, mostly on commercial & industrial risks, to our commercial area;
- Underwriting and rating of business proposals including preparation and issuing of quotations;
- Securing the necessary reinsurance arrangements on particular risks;
- Monthly underwriting review of risks that are up for renewal;
- On site risk assessments;
- Handling other duties and special projects as may be required.
- 3+ years experience in an insurance technical environment.
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preference will be given to applicants with Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Maltese.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude.
- Team player with negotiation and interpersonal skills.