Laferla Insurance Agency Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Health Insurance Claims Handler
to join their team on a full-time basis (Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm).
The claims handler will be responsible for handling, assessing, and settling claims from start to finish, including:
- Administrative duties such as filing & scanning of claim documents;
- Contacting clients to request further information regarding their claim;
- Matching claim requests with the client's insurance plan and terms of the policy to determine eligibility and extent of the coverage;
- Liaising with colleagues in the same and other departments;
- Liaising with third-party service providers such as doctors, hospitals, and clinics.
*Although no experience is necessary (in-house training will be provided), experienced candidates will be given preference. Starting salary within the bracket indicated will depend on experience.
What you can expect at Laferla:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Level C1 or C2) in both Maltese and English;
- MATSEC A-Level certificate, or equivalent or higher level of education;
- A customer-centric philosophy together with good customer service and communication skills;
- The ability to work well and professionally under pressure in a fast-paced environment, adhering to strict deadlines;
- Must have excellent organisational, planning, communication, multi-task, and relationship building skills;
- Positive, pro-active approach to work, with a flexible, hard-working, 'can-do' attitude;
- A sense of responsibility and aspire to be the best at what you do;
- Previous experience in the insurance industry (particularly health insurance) will be considered a major asset. Knowledge of other languages will also be considered an asset.
Laferla Insurance Agency Ltd:
Laferla Insurance Group is a leading insurance provider in Malta, with over 35 years of proven experience. The Group offers a wide range of cost-effective insurance products to both personal and commercial clients in Malta and across Europe. Laferla is a family business at its core. Over the course of its existence, it has established itself locally as a household brand and has gained an excellent reputation for prompt and fair claims settlements. At Laferla, promises are honoured and every person strives to deliver the highest standard of service to its customers.
- You will be working at a well-respected and stable local brand, in a pleasant office environment where employees are respected and treated as part of the family;
- You will learn from the wealth of experience of your colleagues, some of which have been working with the company for over 30 years;
- You will be offered a competitive salary and additional benefits such as health and life insurance.