db Hotels + Resorts in Malta is looking to recruit Stewards
to join their team on a full-time basis.
is responsible for the overall cleanliness of kitchen areas, tools, and equipment in line with industrial hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Responsible for washing dishes, flatware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment, etc;
- Maintains the kitchen, dishwashing, and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authorities and hotel guidelines;
- Ensure the kitchen surfaces, floor & equipment is clean, well maintained, and organised at all times;
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers;
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures;
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack, and store dishes, and load/unload dishwasher all cleaned items in an organised and safe manner;
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in the kitchen and dishwashing area by following standard procedures and sanitization guidelines;
- Operates pot-washing machinery and maintains a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards;
- Adheres to all sanitation guidelines;
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures and ensures that waste bin area is kept clean and tidy;
- Disposes of waste as per the hotel and authority standards and Adhere to recycling guidelines;
- Consistently adheres to Safety standards related to the proper and safe use of chemicals as per the materials data sheet;
- Reports and removes any breakages or chipped items, damaged or unsafe equipment & removes them from circulation, and updates the breakage and inventory register;
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the chief steward / stewarding manager.
db Hotels + Resorts:
The db Group has grown from a family-run business into Malta’s foremost corporate player in the tourism, hospitality & leisure sector, and beyond. The Group has over 30 years of experience in the hospitality & leisure industry, leading with the largest hotels on the Maltese islands. The group operates also Starbucks and Hard Rock Cafe in Malta and Pearl Spas together with a variety of themed concept restaurants and beach clubs.
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene;
- Good personal hygiene;
- Positive attitude;
- Effective communication;
- Able to speak English;
- Able to work under pressure.