La Capanna Restaurant in Malta is looking to recruit a full-time Sous Chef
to work alongside the head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
La Capanna Restaurant:
La Capanna Restaurant has been recently refurbished and is now under new management. We specialise in Mediterranean cuisine with a focus on fresh and locally sourced Seafood dishes..
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence;
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating;
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients;
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance;
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours;
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards;
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns;
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards;
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities;
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed;
- Assists head chef with menu creation;
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.