Armier Beach Resort in Malta is looking for a Sous Chef
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Armier Beach Resort is a new concept to transform Armier Bay Mellieha into a new vibrant destination with various restaurants and beach outlets. We are now looking to recruit a skillful Sous Chef who shall be responsible for the efficient running of the resort’s kitchens, producing top quality food consistently while managing staff and costs.
- Supporting the Head Chef in the general running of the kitchens;
- Assisting the Head Chef to create food menus appealing to the Resort’s clientele and always be innovative / create “Daily Specialities”;
- Be assertive and drive all the colleagues accordingly by managing kitchen staff and costs;
- Ensuring kitchen coordination for all food orders to be delivered in an efficient and rapid way.;
- Ensure that all food servers have a good knowledge of all the items/ingredients on the restaurant menu;
- Control and manage that all food served to our valued customers is always consistent and of a good standard;
- Source quality supplies with the best terms and pricing available. Confirm that all supplies are delivered in the best condition;
- Ensure punctuality and correct timekeeping of all kitchen staff;
- Flexibility and willingness to work shifts on weekends, lunches, and evenings;
- Comply with all food handling regulations and update records as necessary. Ensure that all kitchen employees adhere to the same regulations.
- Fluent in the English language while conversant with the Maltese language and able to communicate effectively with all the kitchen and restaurant employees;
- Have a smart appearance and be disciplined;
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position, providing certification of the same from a catering college and previous employment duties;
- Possess a valid work permit, a clean police conduct certificate and a valid food handling certification.
*The Sous Chef shall report directly to the Head Chef and the Armier Beach Restaurant Manager. A good salary package and performance-based bonuses are being offered to the right candidate.
Armier Beach Resort is a new concept to transform Armier Bay in Mellieha into a new vibrant destination. We shall be operating the Baia Asian Fusion Restaurant/Bar Lounge Beach Resort in partnership with an International Franchise as well as Palm Beach Resort.