Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Sous Chef
to join the kitchen team in their Michelin star restaurant "Ion - The Harbour" located on the stunning rooftop of their hotel "Iniala Harbour House".
The Sous Chef
will report to the Head Chef and will work together with the Executive Chef and Culinary Staff to create memorable guest experiences. We are looking for a passionate individual who has a love for food and is looking to build their career in the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of all hot & cold foods, that meet specifications, and pays attention to detail with plate presentation;
- Communicates clearly and effectively with Executive Chef, head Chefs and other members of the kitchen brigade;
- Asking for clear direction and questions when unclear on projects and initiatives;
- Responding timely to issues and requests of Executive Chef & head Chefs;
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products, sanitation standards, and all policies/ procedures and apply culinary techniques;
- Check the daily status of Line and determine prep/item needs;
- Work as a team and effectively communicate with management, chefs, and fellow members of staff in order to fulfil and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or management, remaining positive and in a good attitude throughout shift;
- Efficiently complete daily reporting;
- Display ability to expedite service contributing to a smooth operation;
- Show strong proficiency with basic line skills including; grilling, deep-frying, roasting, searing and knife skills;
- Display ability to write, read and execute core recipes;
- Displays the responsibility of keeping line and prep crew on the task at all times. Also, the ability to recognize slow periods of business and get staff off the clock and consolidate labour;
- Being a part of and contributing to the creative process by written proposal and tastings;
- To assist management in a daily task such as ordering product, organizing storage areas, assigning cleaning projects, etc;
- Assist and lead execution when necessary;
- Display ability to take detailed instruction from sous chefs and executive chef;
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation, read and expedite tickets for service, create production lists to ensure efficient execution of service;
- Communicates with Head chefs, and Executive Chef with any concerns that impact service or guest experience;
- Assist head chef in order, costings and daily management of the kitchen;
- Works alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking;
- Assist the head chef in his absence to maintain the same high standards in the kitchen.
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in a kitchen with a brigade system;
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- Strong work organizational skills;
- Basic knowledge of Excel & computer skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Great communication and leadership skills.