G3 Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Senior Chef De Partie
to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Sous Chef.
*Candidates applying MUST reside in Malta or EU, have a recognized Covid Vaccination Certificate, or be willing to undergo a weekly test.
Reporting to the Sous Chef / Head Chef, this position's primary responsibility is that of the running of the day-to-day main kitchen / a la carte operations. The position incorporates the responsibility of ensuring that the overall offering is at par with the organizational standards and also the responsibility of Commis Chefs / Chefs de Partie, in the absence of the Sous Chefs and Head Chef.
G3 is a hotel management company running The Pergola Hotel & Spa and The Solana Hotel & Spa in Mellieħa, in the North of Malta.
- Assists the Sous Chef / Head Chef in managing the section operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest of standards;
- Provides two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with an emphasis on motivation and teamwork;
- Works closely with the Sous Chef / Head Chef to ensure correct stock levels are maintained within the section buffer stores to operate effectively, assisting in report analysis on stock and sales while highlighting and acting upon any anomalies;
- Required to operate within efficient labor budgets, maintaining full flexibility at all times, with the intent of meeting demand effectively;
- Reviews on a regular basis the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained, being also conversant with the latest trends in food nutrition;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications each season, including those related to banqueting and special events, working closely with the Head Chef, ensuring the same fit within the budget guidelines and are within quality standards established;
- Represents the department on Special Events or as required by the organizational exigencies;
- In tandem with the Head Chef, manages Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring that strict compliance with the legislation is maintained;
- Actions reports received through the external HACCP consultant and other similar auditors;
- Maintains a confident and mature approach, while practicing tact and diplomacy;
- Performs other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as determined by both the line manager and organisational needs, while providing an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.