Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Restaurant Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
As a member of or management team, the Restaurant Supervisor
must ensure that the restaurant operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The Restaurant Supervisor
must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Build and maintain positive client and customer relationships;
- Counsel and discipline employees when and as necessary;
- Conduct briefing meetings with employees;
- Complete daily operational tasks in a timely manner;
- Ensure food and drinks are prepared and served within scheduled time frames;
- Enforce financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses and purchasing;
- Ensure that employees are in proper uniform and adhere to the company’s dress code;
- Help foster a positive working environment for all workers and check in regularly to ensure employee satisfaction;
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards;
- Monitor and develop team member performance including, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning work, and conducting training as necessary;
- Monitor stock inventory to ensure adequate stock is maintained, and to prevent wastage or abuse by staff;
- Provide two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork;
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines;
- Work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Minimum 2 years related experience;
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to make decisive decisions, delegate responsibilities and maximize resources;
- Competency in resource management and inventory control;
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages;
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with point-of-sale software;
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.