Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Restaurant Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen individual will be responsible for delivering an outstanding dining experience to all our guests. You will be required to assist the Director of F&B in directing and organising the restaurant staff to ensure first-class service and complete guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the Director of Food and Beverage in training, supervising, counseling, and disciplining restaurant staff.
- Supervise the floor during meal periods to ensure that all company standards are met through guests’ interactions, suggesting new procedures where required.
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions, and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively to restaurant staff throughout service to provide them with clear direction for a smooth operation.
- Ensure staffing levels are accurate based on the hotel occupancy of the day
- In the absence of the Director of F&B, organise and conduct pre-shift departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff on duty, and ensuring they are fully aware of any last-minute menu changes.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role member to the other members of the Restaurant Team.
- Answer the Restaurant telephone in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Carry out billing procedures, entering items in the point of sales accurately.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Communicate feedback from guests concerning the service and the food and beverage offerings to the Director of F&B and Executive Chef.
- Work closely with the Director of F&B during Monthly inventory stock take for all Restaurant equipment.
- Ensure all daily reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Support the entire food and beverage operation, including supervising other areas where necessary, and carrying out food and beverage service in guests’ suites when required.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of F&B.
What we offer:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Office, restaurant management software, POS, MICROS).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills with excellent grooming standards.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- Competitive Salary and share of Service Charge.
- Sponsored training and courses.
- Generous staff discount at ION and Iniala Harbour House.
- Transport home in the evening.
- Birthday stay and complimentary meal at the Hotel.