Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Restaurant Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Restaurant Manager
is responsible to maintain the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste;
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly, and annual revenues and expenses;
- Coordinate the work of staff members to ensure exceptional and timely food service delivery to customers;
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge, and ability; and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements;
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions;
- Implement policies that will maintain future restaurant operations;
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and events;
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads);
- Review regularly product quality and research new vendors;
- Schedule staff members to ensure that all shifts are properly manned and that any staff shortages are addressed properly;
- Set targets and goals for team members and assist them in reaching these goals in a time-efficient manner;
- Work towards ensuring that standards of hygiene are maintained by staff members and advocate good sanitary practices.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Able to work a variable shift pattern;
- Acute financial management skills;
- Attention to detail, detail-oriented personality;
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and food menu items to inform customers and staff;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Hospitality Manager or similar role;
- Previous customer service experience in a managerial role;
- Previous experience and track record managing people successfully;
- Proven track record in fostering teamwork, building morale, and improving staff motivation.