Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit Food & Beverage Server
to join their team on a full/part-time basis.
The Food & Beverage Server
is responsible to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area;
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff;
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems;
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to kitchen for cleaning;
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments;
- Follow all relevant health department regulations;
- Greet and escort customers to their tables;
- Inform customers about the day’s specials;
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu, and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties);
- Offer menu recommendations upon request;
- Provide excellent customer service to guests;
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients, or potential food allergies);
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses;
- Serve food and drink orders;
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips, or by memorization;
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 1-year experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle unexpected problems and provide solutions to challenges;
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system;
- Excellent presentation skills.