AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit an Executive Housekeeper
to join their team on a full-time basis.
To put guests as a priority, with every effort being made to meet their needs with all comments/complaints being actioned, following procedures as laid down by the company’s policies.
- The Executive Housekeeper shall supervise all housekeeping employees, plan and assign work.
- To be responsible for the general day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department in reference to practical and organizational workflow.
- To be responsible for ordering and maintenance of supplies, uniforms, flower decorations, and window and carpet cleaning.
- Monitors and controls the Housekeeping operation in the areas of revenue expenditure, profitability, and performance against budget.
- To be responsible for scheduling work according to room forecast and acknowledges the last-minute changes are frequent.
- To ensure that guest care is of the utmost importance to all staff, with every effort being made to satisfy guest needs, with all comments/complaints being actioned.
- To communicate with other departments and to ensure the smooth running of the hotel operation and to be fully aware of special promotions and facilities offered in other areas.
- To be responsible for the daily checking of hygiene and orderliness and to pay attention to the personal care of the employees.
- To be informed about all relevant matters to carry out the job effectively. Forecasts and daily reports to be analyzed in order to check and compare sales to anticipate changes.
- To control costs and conserves energy within the department in order to minimize departmental expenses.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations and inter-departmental relationships.
- To liaise closely with the Front Office Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, and the Maintenance Manager to maintain and improve the physical standard of the building and its contents.
- Responsible for training, motivation, coaching, and evaluation of the employees and trainees.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.
- Must be eligible to work in the EU and preferably already residing in Malta.
- Must be fully conversant in the Maltese and English languages.
- Must be able to lead a large multicultural team.
- An open and approachable manner.
- A proactive approach and the ability to anticipate guests' needs.
- A proven record of managing and developing a team.
- High attention to detail.