Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit Crew Members
to join their team on a full/part-time basis.
The Crew Member
must be passionate about food and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. Working as a crew member at our restaurant is the perfect way to start your career and gain valuable experience in customer service, food preparation as well as time management.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist the kitchen with the preparation of food items and ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic;
- Able to handle guests’ concerns and complaints;
- Clean the food preparation equipment and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment;
- Complete any other assigned tasks as necessary;
- Dispose of trash and other refuse in an environmentally safe manner;
- Ensure fast and timely food service to customers;
- Ensure to follow all Hugo’s Burger Bar safety and security procedures;
- Give genuine attention to every customer, treating them with genuine friendliness and care;
- Input orders into a point-of-sale system and accept payments using a credit card reader or cash register whilst calculating change as accurately and efficiently as possible;
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance by adhering to the company dress code;
- Perform duties to keep the facility and equipment clean and inviting;
- Participate actively with other crew members and managers to meet sales target during your shift;
- Routinely inspect restroom areas for cleanliness and perform necessary sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing;
- Sort, store and distribute stock items as necessary;
- Wash and sanitize all utensils, dishes, and cooking equipment and make sure they are stored in their correct place;
- Work together with the kitchen team to prepare food while following cooking, safety, and sanitary requirements.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- A great team player and understanding the importance of health and hygiene;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes;
- Able to work on a shift basis including evenings, weekends, and public holidays;
- Must be able to speak and write in English;
- Previous experience is not necessary but will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures.