Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Commis Chef to join our team at “ION - The Harbour” restaurant which was recently awarded a Michelin star within less than 6 months of opening.
“ION - The Harbour” is a fine dining restaurant situated on the rooftop of the prestigious boutique hotel, Iniala Harbour House, with stunning views across Malta’s beautiful harbour overlooking the 3 cities. We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do, to push the boundaries of gastronomy in Malta.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef;
- Maintaining high levels of service;
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation;
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage;
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross-contamination;
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them;
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all food hygiene policies;
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures;
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef.
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- Strong work organizational skills;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Great communication skills;
- Willingness to follow instructions;
- Although training will be provided, previous experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
What we offer:
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- Sponsored training and courses;
- Generous staff discount at ION;
- Transport home in the evening;
- Competitive Salary and share of Service Charge;
- Birthday stay and complimentary meal at the Hotel.