Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa is looking to recruit Chef Tournant's
to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate must be positive, creative, dedicated, and passionate about everything they do, and proud to be associated with one of the most recognisable hospitality brands in the world. This is where you come in.
Your main responsibilities will include:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ensuring that revised or new Marriott standards are upheld in the product;
- Ensuring that all Food & Beverage procedures and standards are as per the current European Minimum Standards;
- Communicating and Supporting the Food & Beverage development strategy of all products;
- Support effectively and positively the operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef;
- Effectively support the process of maintaining the products, progress with ideas and input;
- Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations and maintain effective and appropriate liaisons with colleagues;
- To identify to the Executive Chef the potential candidates for promotion within the Brigade;
- To assist in the setting up and implementation of training records;
- To train and develop all the above disciplines to all junior members of staff;
- To prepare and update a departmental training manual;
- To ensure attendance of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel training sessions and any additional training opportunities that are available.
Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa:
From humble beginnings, Marriott International has grown into one of the world’s largest travel companies – encompassing 30 brands in over 120 countries worldwide. It is Marriott’s pursuit of excellence and adherence to core values that have made all this possible: putting people first, whether it is our guests or our colleagues; doing our bit to take care of our environment; operating with integrity and being prepared to adapt to different circumstances. These are the hallmarks of a Marriott. At Marriott, we seek people who are positive, creative, dedicated and passionate about everything they do and who are proud to be associated with one of the most recognisable hospitality brands in the world. This is where you come in.
- Knowledge of all Food & Beverage standards, quality presentation, service and products, and local health and sanitation standards;
- Demonstrates proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment;
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation;
- Ability to support the control of food cost;
- Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods required to obtain them;
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently;
- Rectify arising problems and complaints;
- Be a team player;
- Flexible with working hours, including evenings and weekends.