Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef de Partie (Butcher)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Chef de Partie (Butcher)
must ensure that the production is efficient whilst ensuring that a high level of quality and consistency is maintained in accordance with the established standards.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Follow a ‘clean as you go’ work habit whilst ensuring that a high standard of hygiene is maintained in the butchery area;
- Follow the Meat Order Cycle created by the Group Executive Chef;
- Check all provisions received from the store and immediately report any discrepancies;
- Cut to portion size and prepare or marinate as indicated in the respective SOPs;
- Communicate the status of all food production to the Group Executive Chef;
- Ensure that all butchery machinery is well-maintained.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of recipes;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure;
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations;
- Hands-on experience with various butchery equipment;
- Possess a good command of MS Office applications;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to relate well with others;
- Good interpersonal skills enabling effective translation of problems into practical solutions;
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.