Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef De Partie to join their team at “ION - The Harbour” restaurant which was recently awarded a Michelin star within less than 6 months of opening.
“ION - The Harbour” is a fine dining restaurant situated on the rooftop of the prestigious boutique hotel, Iniala Harbour House, with stunning views across Malta’s beautiful harbour overlooking the 3 cities. We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do, to push the boundaries of gastronomy in Malta.
- Conduct meal preparation activities within your section of the kitchen.
- Direct kitchen staff and assign responsibility for various elements that go into their part of each dish.
- Work closely with other members of the kitchen staff to ensure that elements of the meal are ready on time to prevent delays in service.
- Maintain the restaurant’s quality and reputation by monitoring the food served to customers.
- Inspect your section’s contributions to ensure presentation and consistency contribute to the restaurant’s menu development.
- Work closely with the head chef to discuss customer demand, seasonal ingredient availability, and special events or occasions.
- Contribute to ensuring ingredient quality, checking deliveries to make sure that ingredients are fresh, quantities are correct, and that ingredients are properly stored and accessible to chefs.
- Ensure Kitchen cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Oversee, develop, and enhance processes for food safety and storage, help maintain or replace kitchen equipment.
- Prepare safety and cleanliness guidelines for workers in your section and make sure they adhere to strict standards of professionalism and hygiene.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager or hotel senior management.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a fine dining environment.
- Sound knowledge of quality food and beverage operations.
- Good knowledge of international cuisine.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of beverages.
- Communication skills.
- Able to maintain high energy levels for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work varying shift patterns.
What we offer:
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- Sponsored training and courses.
- Generous staff discount at ION.
- Transport home in the evening.
- Competitive Salary and share of Service Charge.
- Birthday stay and complimentary meal at the Hotel.