Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef de Partie
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Chef de Partie
must be professional and ready to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking according to the chef’s recipes and specifications. Chef De Partie
will be an important factor in a client’s contentment. The ultimate goal is to expand our clientele and reputation to ensure long-term success.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards;
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations;
- Follow the guidance of the executive or sous chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes;
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation;
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices, etc.);
- Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality;
- Prepare menus in collaboration with colleagues.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 1-year experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure;
- Culinary school diploma;
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes;
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.