Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Bartender
to join their team on a full/part-time basis.
will be responsible for serving patrons and providing an excellent guest drinking experience. The bartender will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ expectations.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assess bar customers’ preferences and making recommendations;
- Clean bar equipment and wash glasses;
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations;
- Interact with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks;
- Mop floors and remove empty bottles and trash;
- Mix and prepare flavours for mixed drinks;
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons;
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies;
- Replace empty kegs with full ones;
- Stock refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer;
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Minimum of 1-year working experience as a bartender;
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, including standing and lifting heavy items for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and public holidays as needed;
- Able to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean
- Basic knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors;
- Basic math and computer skills;
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance;
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks;
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle tense situations with customers calmly and rationally;
- Must be able to work well in a team;
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.