General Soft Drinks Co Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The position will involve:
Applicants are expected to possess:
- Maintaining and continuously improving the company’s health and safety [H&S] management system, ensuring that the system is in accordance with The Coca-Cola Company requirements, and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Conducting risk assessments related to health and safety issues.
- Conducting Company H&S business plan including yearly budget.
- Taking the lead in the company H&S internal audit process.
- Liaising with relevant H&S authorities.
- Identify H&S training needs and deliver training accordingly.
- To audit the Company’s quality, food safety & environment systems against the Company’s internal requirements, TCCC requirements and ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, ISO 14001 requirements.
General Soft Drinks Co Ltd:
The General Soft Drinks Co Ltd is responsible for manufacturing a wide range of soft drinks across Malta. We do this for brands owned by The Coca Cola Company (TCCC) including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Schweppes, and Kristal. We are an independent Coca Cola bottler and are the sole licensed bottler for products of TCCC in Malta. We employ over 240 people in Malta and Gozo at our manufacturing site, offices, and distribution centers. Our Company is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our products and operations, with a particular focus on recycling, water stewardship energy, and climate protection. Through our sister company, GSD Marketing Ltd we sell and distribute TCCC products manufactured in Malta as well as import, sell and distribute other TCCC products including Nestea, Cappy Juices and Powerade. We also import, sell and distribute other brands including Monster, Bavaria, Stella Artois, Berlin Beer, Lowenbrau, Café Mauro and Evian on behalf of other brand owners.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- At a tertiary level of education, candidates with qualifications and/or experience in health and safety management systems will be given preference. Preference shall be given to candidates who have auditing certification in ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, ISO 14001.
- Sound knowledge of local and International H&S regulations and the regulatory processes.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to motivate, influence, manage and drive results.
- A flexible attitude towards work.
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Fluency in both Maltese & English.