Thomas Azzopardi, a sole proprietor of a construction business in Malta is looking for a Health & Safety Officer
to overlook all health and safety aspects on the construction sites in a timely manner and escalate whenever necessary.
Your main responsibilities would be to:
- Check sites on a day-to-day basis and adjust any Health and Safety hazards, where needed.
- Check that all machinery, chains, and equipment are certified and provide related certificates as requested by the H&S inspectors if needed.
- Liaison with the relevant professional staff such as engineers, health & safety inspectors and architects and go through all reports received in order to take immediate action on hazards pointed out.
Skill-sets and Requirements:
Thomas Azzopardi Construction:
Thomas Azzopardi Construction has been operating for over 12 years. We offer various types of construction work such as; property development, restoration, civil engineering, concrete works, demolition and hire of cranes. With the help of our highly experienced employees, we commit ourselves to both large and small projects both commercial and residential developments. With our vast range of heavy plant & machinery we ensure efficiency with competitive prices.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in construction sites and ideally a good idea of Health & Safety regulations.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Good basic knowledge of computing.
- Driving license.
- Ability to work under pressure, fast and effectively and take initiative to safeguard the safety of all employees on site.
- Ability to apply appropriate corrective procedures to solve health and safety problems that might arise.
- Give continuous feedback to the H&S inspectors about the adjustments being made on site and keep good documentation of the correspondence for future reference.