One of our clients in the Construction industry in Malta is seeking to recruit an H&S Practitioner to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Ensure that all works are carried out according to the Contract conditions, Environmental Legal Notices and MEPA permit conditions.
- Approve all method statements of Contractor and identify environmental risks and associated mitigation measures before submitting for approval of the Supervisor.
- Review changes in the method statements before submitting for approval of the Supervisor.
- Approve and endorse official requests by Contractor to carry out tree uprooting or carry out any other action which will have environmental impacts.
- Obtain approval by Supervisor for all actions which have an environmental impact particularly in relation to the uprooting and transplanting of trees.
- Shall be site based for the duration of the contract works.
- 3+ years experience in Health & Safety and 5+ years professional experience.
- Diploma/Degree in health and safety or Environmental Science.
- Preference will be given to candidates with NEBOSH Certification and who are registered with OHSA
- Have good written and verbal skills in English and Maltese (at least a workable understanding of Maltese).
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure.