The Diplomat Hotel in Malta is looking to recruit a Hotel Duty Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a full-time competent individual with a dynamic professional attitude to carry out requested duties whilst delivering exceptional customer care service. This position requires an individual with a passion for hotel operation, who is keen on quality and has a solid customer service approach.
The ideal candidate must:
- Liaising with the reservation department and all other departments for smooth running of the hotel operation.
- Ensuring through supervision that all front desk services are always available and carried out in the most efficient was as per standards.
- Attending to guest’s complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring proper completion of all records required by local authorities.
- Ensuring that all employees report for duty punctually, meeting all grooming standards including wearing of full proper uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out diligently as per policies and procedures of the organization.
- Understanding and applying all safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment.
- Monitoring social media to ensure our hotel is reaching targets set by the management.
The Diplomat Hotel:
Set on the seafront in Sliema, the Diplomat hotel offers panoramic sea views and a private rooftop pool. The entire hotel has just undergone a complete refurbishment, marrying classic elegance with sleek contemporary styling. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms have been upgraded with new fabrics, bedding, and lighting, as well as electronic door keys, satellite TV, a digital safe, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The newly installed bathrooms are equipped with hairdryers and free toiletries. A continental buffet breakfast is served daily. Light meals and drinks are available throughout the day in ‘The Old Vic’, our redesigned lobby bar with a waterfront terrace. Snacks and drinks are also available at the fully redecorated rooftop bar, where guests can enjoy spectacular views from the brand-new pool and pool area. The hotel is located just steps away from the cafes and restaurants of Tower Road, as well as a lifeguard-protected rocky beach. It is 12 minutes on foot from the sandy beach of Balluta Bay.
- Possess ITS qualification or equivalent.
- Have experience in front office department and managerial role.
- Have a strong display of passion, drive, and commitment supported with knowledge and technical ability.
- Be smart with a professional personality and well-groomed.
- Be computer literate. In-house training will be provided to gain knowledge of our property management system.
- Be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, and public holidays as necessary.
- Possess good communication skills in English. Other languages would be an asset.
- Have exceptional customer care skills as well as organizational skills.
- Be able to work under pressure.