One of our clients, a leader in the automotive sector in Malta, is looking to recruit a Body Shop Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Strives to meet forecasts goals and objectives of the department
- Trains, motivates, and monitors the performance of all body shop employees.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the body shop.
- Directs and schedules the work of all body shop employees.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers and insurance adjusters.
- Gives fair estimates on costs and time required for body work.
- Follows up on parts department orders to ensure parts availability.
- Monitors progress and completion of vehicles in the shop, ensuring that proper repair and safety procedures are followed.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Monitors paper flow to ensure that all documents are accounted for, filled out completely and legibly and filed or distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with local regulations (OHSA) that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal. Provides necessary training.
- Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and being used properly.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors the maintenance of paint booths, frame straightening equipment, and other large, fixed assets to ensure long-term usage and value.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- 2+ years previous experience in all aspects of running a Body Shop and Insurance claims.
- Knowledge of the body repair processes, and safety procedure required for vehicles.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English and Maltese.
- Is computer literate.
- Proven leadership & managerial skills.
- A strong business acumen with the ability to monitor the production process.
- Be Customer Oriented.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Highly organised with an analytical mind and can-do attitude.
- Work independently and also as part of a team.