Smarkets Malta Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a Client Services Representative to join their team on a full-time basis. They are not looking for someone who is content with doing “just enough.” theirs is a competitive business – they want people who see the challenge and value in an excellent performance. This is the mindset that they need in all areas of the company in order to win.
About the Role:
You’ll be the first point of contact for all Smarkets customers. You will interact and manage relationships with our customers through multiple channels, as well as ensuring the site is live and accessible.
More specifically, your role will include:
We encourage an open and transparent working environment:
- Interact with our customers through live chat on the website, phone, email, and social media;
- Processing payments, checking and approving customer documentation;
- Collaborating with other teams, including marketing and software engineering to make sure issues impacting our customers are fixed in a timely manner;
- Effectively communicating issues to customers and ensuring that expectations are managed properly;
- Providing an exemplary level of customer support and user experience.
Smarkets adopts a self-managed work style, which allows people freedom and creativity to work on the problems that interest them and solve them in the right way. In our commitment to transparency, we publish our salary data internally and have a genuine open-door policy. You’ll thrive in this environment if you like to discuss your ideas with others and work out solutions together. There is plenty of opportunities for you to be involved in tasks that may traditionally be outside of client services teams. This could include collaborating with our marketing team on social media activities or working with our data teams on match-fixing detection and identifying problem gamblers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups;
- Strong writing and spoken English skills are paramount to the role, this will be assessed during the interview process. If you use the common European framework we require level C2;
- You are able to work a flexible schedule, sometimes including nights, weekends, and public holidays;
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities;
- You are a natural problem solver;
- You’ll be able to spot opportunities to help our customers to get the most out of the website;
- Good typing/keyboard skills and computer literacy.
- Familiarity with bookmakers and betting exchanges;
- Passionate about sports.
Our offices are relaxed and casual and we aim to create an environment for happy, productive colleagues. We're located in the heart of St Julian's with sea views from our office sun terrace.
The fine print:
Our office is based at The Hedge, Ir-Rampa ta' San Giljan Street St. Julian's:
- Catered lunch and snack and drinks bar;
- Team activities and bi-monthly get-togethers - known as “the Expiration party”;
- Office with terrace and sea views of Balluta Bay.
- Basic salary of €24,000 depending on experience + night allowance;
- Equity participation;
- An exciting career opportunity with a fun, forward-thinking, and growing business;
- You must have the right to work in Malta;
- We are unable to assist with relocation.
*Please provide in your cover letter the reason(s) this role appealed to you and what drives you? Strong writing and spoken English skills are paramount to the role, this will be assessed during the interview process. Please pay attention to detail with your cover letter.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets Malta Limited:
Smarkets simplifies peer-to-peer trading on sporting and political events. With our industry-leading commission rates, you can set your own odds and trade against others with confidence. Betting should be priced like a commodity because it is one. We began as a small group of investors and engineers who saw the potential to apply financial trading principles to the online betting world. With that in mind, we set out to make a difference in the industry by developing an online platform focused on honest, user-centered trading.