Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Reconciliations Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Candidates applying must have a valid working permit.
The Reconciliation Officer
is an integral part of the Operations Team which ensures that all business is administered in an efficient, controlled, risk-free and timely manner ensuring products, services, and money change hands as they are supposed to. The reconciliations officer will be responsible for the end-of-day reconciliation of all client holdings and bank accounts to make sure that the accounting system reflects the correct transactions. In their day-to-day role, the officer will provide support to client-servicing teams such as the Investment Advisors and the Contact Centre Support. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate in a fast-growing company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of all client holdings;
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts at banks, executing brokers and custodians;
- Assist client-facing teams with any queries in a timely manner;
- Ensure follow-up action when necessary and liaise with the Head of the department and other operational departments to resolve issues;
- Adhere to corporate standards and procedures;
- Prepare various daily/weekly/monthly reports, related to client funds and balances;
- Assisting of other operational departments from time to time such as payments and settlements of financial transactions and corporate actions.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- MQF Level 5 of education;
- Ideally holds previous experience within a similar role;
- Applicants from non-related disciplines will not be at a disadvantage, but they will need to show an understanding of, and a keen interest in our business.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work well within a team;
- Can-do attitude results orientated and proactive;
- Attention to detail, plus excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Competent using MS Office, in particular, Excel and Outlook;
- All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality.
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”
Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd:
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta's leading financial services firm. The company pioneered the local industry in 1972 and offers a full range of services including Live Online Trading & Independent Investment Advice, Saving Plans, Investment Management Services & Discretionary Portfolio services.