Debono Group Holdings in Malta is looking to recruit a Financial Systems Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Debono Group is a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories, and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles.
The Financial Systems Officer
will be requested to lead the development, implementation, and administration of the group’s financial systems. Investigates and reports the requirements of financial recordkeeping and ensures that systems are modified in order to ensure compliance with accounting standards, internal and financial controls, and reporting requirements. The Financial Systems Officer
will also support in establishing best practices for the financial system use and ensures that these practices are used throughout the group. The role incumbent is expected to work within a cross-functional team and train department staff as needed.
- Designing and implementing system controls and internal validations to provide quality assurance of financial data;
- Designing and implementing process improvements through automation with a view of improving efficiency and controls;
- Ensuring the implementation of common, robust, automated efficient processes throughout the group;
- Leading the Digital Transformation Project from a finance perspective from the requirements specification stage up to implementation, including but not limited to Gap Analysis, solution identification, project planning, and user testing;
- Working alongside the Digital Transformation team, as the Finance representative to ensure all system and process changes within the operations of the business produce the expected accounting and reporting within the set controls framework.
What we Offer:
- Qualified Accountant with experience in Transformation projects and Finance systems;
- Conversant with a variety of operational, accounting, and reporting systems and packages, with excellent IT skills including advanced excel, databases, and interfaces between systems;
- Demonstrate a passion for and deep understanding of IT;
- Ability to communicate clear specifications to technical teams and translate between business and technology counterparts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex ideas and principles to a wide range of audience, from influencing senior stakeholders to junior teammates;
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team, whilst developing strong relationships and working collaboratively with and through others;
- Performance-driven mindset with the ability to prioritize finance needs for innovative finance analytics;
- Clear ability to drive change;
- Proven track record of achieving milestones set out in project plans.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Continuous development and mentoring;
- Flexible working arrangement;
- Health insurance;
- Employee referral scheme;
- Weekly breakfast;
- Monthly treats;
- Employee discounts.
*The Position is offered on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday.
Debono Group Holdings:
At the Debono Group, we’ve been active in the mobility space since the early 1960s and in all that time we have always pushed to achieve business growth through innovation. Today our business has become so much more than just a Toyota dealership. We've today managed to bring together a dynamic and motivated team of local and international professionals from diverse fields to help us start shaping the future of mobility in Malta.