Medicover in Malta is looking to recruit a Financial Analyst
to join its team within its Diagnostic Division on a full-time basis.
Our client is one of the largest World's Leading River Cruise Line that currently operates a fleet of more than 70 vessels, meaning that we deal with cross-cutting issues that frequently span different geographic regions. Our mission is to improve the safety onboard the ships and to perform continuous testing. Being a leader in advanced laboratory testing across all clinical pathology areas, Medicover has been appointed to install laboratories on board the vessels. Medicover's objective will be to bring its extensive experience in the laboratory business taking into account the additional complexity of the Cruise Business-specific value chain.
- Provide analysis of business and financial data in order to deliver complete, accurate & timely financial reporting to Management;
- Establish & enforce efficient and compliant accounting methods;
- Help drive the annual strategy and budgeting processes providing support to key business stakeholders throughout the process.
The knowledge, experience, and qualifications you need:
- Manage & perform daily operational transactions;
- Collaborate with Group Finance to design & implement efficient processes related to transactions, financial accounts for greater accuracy and control;
- Generate ad-hoc financial reports and present to multiple levels of business partners;
- Working closely with Finance Operations teams to review and challenge the revenue and cost base of the legal entities.
What you'll be like:
- Proven finance & accounting experience;
- Experienced in budgets & products line profitability analysis, forecasting & rolling;
- Used to drive continuous process improvements & best practices to enhance the effectiveness & efficiency of the business unit reporting;
- Commercial mindset and be willing and able to support the team’s leadership in developing business proposals;
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders across the businesses as well as financial modeling experienced dealing with development and investment opportunities;
- Strong understanding of cross-border VAT rules, customs duties & taxes;
- International exposure is a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of European import regulations & country-specific trade regulations;
- Experienced in a collaborative, cross-functional & geographically diverse environment, interaction with all levels of management & diverse customer base.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solver;
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships;
- Able to work under pressure, managing competing demands on time where necessary;
- A self-starter who is motivated to work under own initiative, able to work fast and flexibly with a range of people: counterparts in finance and across the Medicover’s businesses;
- Ability to multi-task: coordinating the delivery of multiple priorities in parallel across disparate teams and locations;
- Strong written & spoken English (with knowledge of other languages highly desirable);
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel abroad when required (after current travel restrictions due to COVID-19 are lifted).
Medicover is a specialised provider of Diagnostic and Healthcare services, focusing on markets mainly in Central and Eastern Europe and India. The company operates through two divisions – Diagnostic Services and Healthcare Services. Healthcare Services – offers high-quality care based on an Integrated Healthcare Model. The basis for this is a network of 20 hospitals and 120 clinics and medical facilities. The division accounted for 52 per cent of total revenue in 2019. Major markets are Poland, Romania and India. Diagnostic Services - provides a broad range of laboratory testing in all major clinical pathology areas. The business is conducted through a network of more than 96 laboratories, 670 blood-drawing points (BDPs) and 25 clinics. The division accounted for 48 per cent of total revenue. Major markets are Germany, Ukraine, Romania and Poland.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated;
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications & experience;
- A permanent contract to ensure the role offered is in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals, and lifestyle.