Our client is looking for an experienced Finance Director to oversee the finance and accounting operations in their organization. Reporting to the CEO, the finance director’s responsibilities include providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the organization's strategic, business and financial commitments are met, and all aspects of financial governance including the implementation and adherence of all necessary policies, processes and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the organization’s business.
- Contribute to the achievement of the organization's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Be responsible for the organization’s overall financial health, liquidity, balance sheet resilience, profitability and capital structure.
- Lead and direct finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated, supported and developed, and that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Attend Board meetings as required, presenting and reporting accurate and timely financial information.
- Work with the Board on long-term strategic planning; evaluating and advising on fiscal impact.
- Identify, assess, and respond to ongoing and emerging risks to the organization, and ensure compliance with regulations and laws in the countries in which the organization operates.
- Analyse cash flow, cost controls, expenses and all financial statements to pinpoint potential areas for improvement.
- Engage with shareholders, lenders and other 3rd party investors, enhancing investor confidence through sound financial planning and financial asset management.
- Set up and lead the organization’s M&A team, responsible for all aspects of financial due diligence.
- Develop and maintain a check of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organization
- Establish and be responsible for good relations with the respective financial authorities and agencies in different countries
- Monitor banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs
- Train and increase awareness and knowledge related to financial management matters across the organization.
- Lead and oversee the implementation, upgrading and maintenance of all financial and accounting software solutions and other relevant technology systems