Job vacancy: Analyst (Ongoing Supervision) within Banking Supervision
Job code: BS/029/2020
About Banking Supervision:
The Banking Supervision Function at the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing supervision of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions (FIs) following authorisation. The Function also carries out supervision of Significant Credit Institutions (SIs) together with the European Central Bank through the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). The Banking Supervision Team is made up of officials with a banking and economics background, but also legal, accounting, and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
As an Analyst you will be assigned to carry out work that will include the following duties:
- Supervising a group of less significant credit institutions in line with the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) Supervisory Manual;
- Executing the Risk Assessment System and the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Programme (SREP);
- Being the lead contact point for the relevant experts of the bank you supervise;
- Representing the MFSA in industry forums or to external stakeholders;
- Other ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the Head or Deputy Head of the Function from time to time.
From time to time, Analysts may also be requested to work in a team responsible for the supervision a significant institution or work on authorisation cases.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in banking or economics or accountancy and/or another financial service area that may be considered as relevant to this post;
- You will also need an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will need to have at least three (3) years' working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other important information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Public Call Permit: 502/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.