TRX Electronics Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Transformer Winder Electrical Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Serve as the technical and manufacturing expert providing guidance and assistance to other operators in the winding area engaged in setup and operation of various machines and equipment associated with manufacturing power transformers. Train employees in work instructions, skills, procedures, methods, and techniques to correctly and safely perform all job tasks. Performs direct work demonstrating the ability to perform any of the various operations within the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform any of the winding duties and functions as needed;
- To operate semi-automatic laminating machines, varnish baths and mechanical soldering equipment, CNC machining, test equipment, and finally organize orders for shipping;
- Assist with maintaining the workflow and ensure availability of proper materials and tools. Adjust workflow and assignments to meet manufacturing schedules as required;
- Guide, communicate with, and coordinate work teams;
- Provide direction to all co-workers when new situations or problems are discovered;
- Assist operators with analyzing and resolving work problems or assists other technicians in solving problems and implementing corrective actions;
- Coordinate and conduct on-the-job training to assure all employees are properly trained prior to performing work or a job; coordinate cross-training and job rotation schedules with input from the Manufacturing Manager to enhance employee knowledge;
- Confirm quality criteria are properly inspected, verified, and documented during manufacturing to ensure the product meets specifications, tolerances, prints, and customer order requirements. Identify and correct defects appropriately;
- Complete process check sheets, daily manufacturing sheets and ensure other daily reporting and paperwork are completed according to Company procedures;
- Follow and comply with standard work procedures and sequence of operations to consistently meet manufacturing standards for safety, quality, cost, and productivity;
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and machines;
- Assist other manufacturing areas as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two (2) years related to manufacturing experience and/or training in the field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use all basic hand and power tools;
- Ability to use measurement tools such as square, micrometre, tape measure, etc;
- Ability to read, data sheets and other electrical instructions;
- Ability to interpret blueprints;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment;
- Must have excellent attendance.
*The ideal candidate is a team player who’s willing to put in the work to ensure standards of quality and communication.
TRX Electronics Ltd:
Although primarily thought of as a holiday destination, Malta has a thriving industrial community. TRX is situated in the industrial area of Paola, within 5 miles of the airport and docks. Malta joined the EU in 2004 and adopted the Euro in 2008. As well as Maltese, our staff speak fluent English and Italian.