Our client is prestigious organising operating a 400+ villa gated community in Libya. This highly secure village is a fully contained complex including extensive residential, retail, leisure complexes, etc and they are looking to recruit a Technical Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Please note that this is a rotational role and is based in Libya.
A Technical Manager
from an M&E or facilities management background is now required to be responsible for the organisation of all repairs and maintenance of the equipment within the residential, commercial and common areas of this complex. The successful individual will ensure a safe and well-maintained resort where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance and power costs are within budgeted controls. The person who; also ensures efficient preventative maintenance procedures at all times and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff.
Having a varied technical background, you will directly 5 supervisors and should be able to support the technical personnel with fault finding, as well as able to source the necessary material and skillsets in the local market to ensure that repairs are done efficiently and in as short a time as possible.
The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, be very organised and willing to research solutions to technical issues. Good communication skills and patience are highly desirable. The successful candidate should have enough expertise to command respect with his/her technical knowledge. Working outside office hours, including late at night may at times be required to ensure that resort operations and services to clients are not impacted. Previous related experience should be well demonstrated. The candidate should be ready to support in actual repair jobs if the situation dictates. Spoken and well-written English is a must, as is a pleasant personality.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for all technical operations in and around the resort as well as efficient planning of all engineering and maintenance activities;
- Support the diagnoses and repairs and maintenance of malfunctioning systems and equipment such as water pumps, and distribution pipework, fire fighting and detection systems, sewage treatment plants, R.O. systems, hot water systems, motor control centres, electrical switchgear and substations, swimming pools equipment, standby generators, elevators, battery-operated vehicle, catering, and domestic appliances, etc.
- Responsible for advising the Facilities Manager and General Manager about all equipment, seriousness of damages, renewals, improvements, etc;
- Required to regularly take stock of all technical equipment;
- Responsible for daily checking of the department and all technical equipment for hygiene and orderliness;
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping of the workshop areas;
- To execute any other duties relevant to the position as instructed by the Facilities Manager or the General Manager.
- Engineering degree or equivalent certifications;
- Extensive practical experience in a related field. Experience in a hospitality setting is a definite plus.
- Qualified and experienced with a broad knowledge across mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance engineering and plant/site control systems.
- Particular expertise in the areas of High Voltage Distribution is desirable.
- A good understanding of the role of an FM Service provider and the standards required for maintenance and repair services.
- English speaking
- Good awareness of Health & Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working.
- To have knowledge of compliance, fire, and security regulations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, contractors, and staff at all levels.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
*Our client offers a rotational role with a tax-free salary.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent within various sectors on Malta. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, with a satellite office in Malta but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.