Our client is a well-established and striving company in the sector of fire, theft, and security services and is currently seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
- Planning and designing all aspects of projects from inception to post-completion including costing, engineering & commissioning.
- Responsible for designing systems used for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Ensuring the accurate engineering and execution designs.
- Producing calculations, and approvals to comply with legislation.
- Developing and implementing internal design guides, procedures, design tools and documents.
- Coordinating office work and site surveys for a number of projects.
- Providing progress reports and notes as directed by the Department Manager.
- Setting, monitoring & reviewing workload schedule and liaising with the Department Manager when issues are envisaged.
- Providing overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial and operational matters and general direction to various support departments
- Assisting project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area
Education and Experience
- Possess a Level 6 Mechanical Engineering Degree;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Engineering Environment.
- Experience in a similar field is considered an asset.
- Be autonomous, responsible and able to make decisions;
- Have strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills in Maltese and English
- Be able to undertake challenging tasks and have a can-do attitude