One of our clients in the Shipping, Transport, and Logistics industry in Malta is looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Give technical support and advice to management and workshop personnel on fleet management related matters in order to sustain a continuous improvement program and quality control;
- Identification of technical and operational solutions to existing problems in the workshop processes and on the fleet;
- Prepare technical reports to assist management in taking the required informed decisions;
- Prepare improvement proposal reports based on technical analysis;
- Assist technical department to plan and execute campaigns, reforms and other improvements as required to reach department targets;
- Work closely with workshop manager to finetune the fleet inspection plan to increase mean time between failure (MTBF);
- Receive training from manufacturers, relay the information to subordinates and lead the training program for workshop personnel;
- Be involved in the annual budget and forecast for the workshop and follow the approved costings;
- Planning of human and material resources that are required to sustain the workshop operation;
- Support engineering department infrastructure whenever technical guidelines and support is required;
- Ensure compliance with all policies related to security, data protection, health and safety, quality assurance and environment protection.
- Warranted Mechanical Engineer with five years working experience;
- 2+ years working experience in a managerial position;
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in maintenance and repair of industrial machinery or heavy vehicles;
- Good diagnostics, problem detection and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced knowledge of preventive maintenance;
- Analysis of complex mechanical / electrical incidents and definition of the next steps for its resolution;
- Ability to provide guidance to colleagues on technical matters;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.