As a Junior Structural Engineer, you will form part of a young team and will be working alongside designers, draughtspersons and architects. Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be involved in project management from project inception to completion and eventual certification of works
- Preparing reports with the right calculations about loads, stresses and strains regarding the components
- Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction
- Examining structures at risk of collapse and advise how to improve their structural integrity
- Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years experience as a Design Structural Engineer
- Experience in the design and delivery of reinforced concrete and steel frame structures.
- Knowledge in structural analysis and design of high-rise buildings.
- Proven track record of site experience and managing complex high-end projects.
- Proficient with structural design software (with automated generation of drawings) and finite element analysis programmes are beneficial.
- Proficiency in BIM would be considered an asset
- Must be able to work alone and in a team
- Self-motivated and showing initiative
- Excellent level of attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Job Reference Code: TK826