AX Construction in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Architect
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Development Unit is a specialised unit whose function is to consolidate the Group’s activities in the development sector. The Junior Architect
is responsible for assisting in creating architectural drawings for the planning stage, preparing detailed design drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, schedules, and related documentation concerning tender packages, and evaluating submissions and visit sites as requested. Giving particular attention to detail and handle several demanding projects at different levels and to the highest specifications and standards of the Group.
- Concept development and designs to communicate design intent in the form of sketches, presentations, 3D models, and visuals;
- Prepare detailed, organized, complete, and accurate drawings;
- Outline client design objectives and implement them into the design;
- Applying and coordinating planning permits and drawings and liaising with government departments as applicable;
- tender documents including bills of quantities, specs, drawings, schedules, and other documents as requested;
- Managing and assisting in managing projects from inception to completion, including supervising the execution of works, attending site inspections and site meetings, compiling snag lists, and quality control;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other team members, management, and directors, providing leadership and expertise to cross-functional teams;
- Identify, develop and execute precise work plans, processes, and structures supporting the company’s overall strategies to achieve desired results;
- Attend meetings with clients and team members as necessary;
- Supervision on-site and work outside the office if required including;
- Other professional or general office work may be required for the proper functioning and management of the development office and the company in general.
- A qualified architect; preference is made to a Perit with a local warrant (Perit with a local warrant);
- A minimum of four years experience;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software for drafting and 3D modeling software such as Sketchup or AutoCAD 3D;
- Proficient in using MS office suite;
- Have knowledge of PA design guidelines, sanitary regulations, and CRPD requirements;
- An organised, self-motivated, and committed individual to deliver tasks in a timely manner;
- A team player and able to take initiative;
- Strong communication skills.
*Interested candidates are requested to send a CV together with a covering letter.
AX Construction Ltd. has been established since 1976 providing building services to institutions that recognize the value of a partner who works diligently and creatively to find the best possible solution for each particular project. AX Construction Ltd. relates mainly to civil engineering works, turnkey assignments, project management and restoration work. Over the years, it was entrusted with a number of major projects including the Group’s four hotels; the Group’s head office; Verdala Mansions in Rabat, Malta; Capua Hospital in Sliema; Parliament building superstructure in Valletta; and various other projects which were executed for Group companies and third-party clients. During 2014 and 2015, the construction division developed the Simblija Care Home & Hilltop Gardens Retirement Village on a site measuring circa 17,000 square metres, located in Simblija, limits of Naxxar. In the current financial year and FY2018, the Group will be primarily involved in the conversion of the two newly acquired properties in Valletta to boutique hotels.