One of our clients in the Telecommunications industry in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced and aspiring Core Networks Operations Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot Broadband and TV networks and systems; monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Pre-empt potential issues as well as exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Verify performance and interoperability of the core elements with various cable modems.
- Be a reference point and perform follow-ups for incidents handled by the Network Operations Centre; build and update procedures and deliver training when necessary.
- Be aware of emerging DOCSIS and TV technologies and their relevance towards expansion and improving resilience within company’s implementation.
- Degree in a Telecommunications related field.
- Preferably have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification.
- Preferably LPIC Linux Certification.
- 2+ years’ experience in a telecommunications environment - however fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing and subnetting – experience would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of DOCSIS – experience would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of TV related technologies such as DRM and OTT would be an asset.
- Ability to document troubleshooting steps and new platform configurations.
- A good command of the English language.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Good organisational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, improvisational and creative solutions with a can-do attitude.