Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Core Networks Operations Engineer
to join their team on a full-time basis. Would you like to be part of the Core Networks team responsible for the correct maintenance and troubleshooting of Melita’s Broadband and TV systems?
This is a highly technical role where you will have good input in the direction and development of the company’s TV networks and systems. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years experience in a telecommunications environment - however fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot Melita’s Broadband and TV networks and systems; monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed;
- Pre-empt potential issues as well as exploit opportunities for improvement;
- Provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining the network infrastructure;
- Verify performance and interoperability of the core elements with Melita’s various cable modem;
- Be a reference point and perform follow-ups for incidents handled by the Network Operations Centre; build and update procedures and deliver training when necessary;
- Be aware of emerging DOCSIS and TV technologies and their relevance towards expansion and improving resilience within Melita’s implementation.
- Degree in a Telecommunications related field;
- Preferably have a minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification;
- Preferably LPIC Linux Certification.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing, and subnetting – experience would be an asset;
- Basic understanding of DOCSIS – experience would be an asset;
- A basic understanding of TV-related technologies such as DRM and OTT would be an asset;
- Ability to document troubleshooting steps and new platform configurations;
- Good organizational and supervisory skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills, positive attitude, and a dedicated team player.