Hugo's Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Head of Maintenance to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Head of Maintenance must be organized, responsible, and able to efficiently manage and lead the maintenance department, to ensure that the coordination and supervision of technical employees during general maintenance and routine upkeep of the company’s facilities and equipment, is done in a professional and efficient manner.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues;
- Check equipment as well as building systems to ensure functionality;
- Collaborate with workers and oversee contractors during renovations;
- Delegate tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy employer needs;
- Ensure adherence to high quality standards and health and safety regulations;
- Identify areas for improvement and assign workers to take care of issues;
- Keep maintenance logs and reports on daily activities;
- Manage maintenance expenses by ensuring best practices in the industry;
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary;
- Perform evaluations of subordinates to ensure quality of work;
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities in the facilities including analysing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive and predictive maintenance programs;
- Report any issues or problems to the Group HR and Operations Director;
- Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations;
- Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Hands-on experience in planning maintenance operations;
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, etc;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure support environment with changing priorities whilst striving to deliver exceptional service;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.