Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Graphic Designer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Senior Graphic Designer
must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications. The Senior Graphic Designer
must also have knowledge of printing procedures, photography, and illustration.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Able to supervise and train junior designers to ensure all work produced meets the Hugo’s establishments’ brand guidelines;
- Assist in developing concepts for a wide range of projects, including venue adverts, direct mail campaigns, menus, concert posters, e-mail campaigns, social media postings, LED Screens, web banners, and package design;
- Able to identify and interpret graphic design needs and develop creative and responsive design concepts;
- Able to create and produce animated videos and animated portions of live videos using computers and video production equipment;
- Able to plan, design and produce a wide range of specialized graphics and/or illustrative material which include multimedia concepts as necessary;
- Create new designs and photo concepts, maintaining a unified look across print and online platforms;
- Ensure all design work produced to promote each venue is on-brand and meets the brand guidelines;
- Maintain brand consistency through all our marketing projects;
- Manage all design assignments, ensuring all work is produced on time, to budget, and to high standards;
- Make sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/color codes before being sent to press and production facilities;
- Organize weekly design review meetings with venue managers to ensure they are satisfied with the work produced;
- Organize archive and keep all artwork files up to date;
- Stay up to date with industry development and tools;
- Take overall responsibility for all online and offline work produced for all the establishments, including email campaigns, banners, brochures, leaflets, and website mock-ups;
- Work with managers and directors to create design and branding material for new projects.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least six years of experience in a similar role;
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Portfolio of completed design projects;
- Have a good command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience managing large budgets;
- Understanding of basic HTML and CSS knowledge;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have a passion for creating stunning visuals that match the managers brief;
- Strong team management and mentoring skills;
- Strong attention to detail.