Job vacancy: Senior Data Architect within Data Management and BI
Job code: DM/001/2021
Public Call Permit: 179/2020
About Data Management and BI:
The Data Management and Business Intelligence support timely and effective decision making across the authority by empowering management and the team with the right data-related processes, KPIs, dashboards, analytics and risk profiling.
The Senior Data Architect provides direction and leadership with the goal of achieving a centralised, robust data architecture that ensures that the highest quality data is collected, analysed, and made available to key stakeholders in a reusable, accessible, and repeatable manner. He/she is the main lead for coordinating activities within the various data governance forums internally and amongst the various relevant local and European authorities. The SDA interfaces with the relevant technical, program management & quality (PMQ) stakeholders and business users, with the purpose to track, maintain and schedule solutions for identified data quality issues as well as ensuring that the ongoing integrity of the overall enterprise data model is maintained and optimised. This will be achieved by:-
- Driving and implementing the Authority’s data governance charter, tracking and measuring progress against objectives set out;
- Stay abreast of related European regulations on financial supervision and any data strategies which may have an impact on the Authority’s data architecture;
- Leading the definition of data management and development policies and a roadmap that is researched in line with the latest data best practices and methodologies and in collaboration with management and peers;
- Launch data management initiatives, drive usage and take-up across the Authority of data management policies and system functionality;
- Defining and maintaining metadata, lineage, and data dictionary definitions with active participation and contribution from function data representatives across the Authority;
- Developing a data quality framework, leading data quality metrics definition and ownership, proactively identifying data quality improvement initiatives, and regularly interacting with business and technical stakeholders to further identify, log and track the delivery of solutions for data improvement needs and quality issues;
- Analyse the potential root cause for data quality issues, propose solutions, discuss options and outcomes with relevant data and technical stakeholders;
- In liaison with other data management, colleagues plan and develop the data architecture in support of upcoming features and capabilities on the roadmap.
We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar at MQF Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years of working Experience in Enterprise Web Applications as well as Database operations and SQL in a Microsoft stack environment.
The below will be considered as an asset:
- Highly proficient in database technologies, enterprise data modeling and knowledgeable of the different techniques and standards for delivering high-quality data architecture;
- Experience in metadata software management tools e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Talend, etc.
How to apply or query further information:
- Confident and articulate communicator capable of driving strong collaboration across multi-disciplinary functions;
- Works in a meticulous and structured manner;
- Strong analytical, and planning skills;
- Must be customer-service oriented;
- Demonstrates ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other important information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under the MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.