Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior BI Developer
to join their team on a full-time basis. We work with vast amounts of data locally & internationally and we need excellent analytical skills to garner insights.
As a Senior BI Developer
, you will help us to gain a competitive advantage in the market. You’ll join our dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards, and analytic solutions for people across the business.
If you enjoy bigdata and have real-world experience, then this is the job for you!
You will be required to:
We are looking for:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation;
- Write relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports;
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption;
- Author reports for operational use;
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts;
- Integrate new data sources;
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues;
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 5 years experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData);
- Excellent SQL knowledge;
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow);
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices;
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel;
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery);
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge;
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices for the verification and accuracy of data;
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA);
- A collaborative approach and worked in Agile teams;
- A continuous improvement mindset;
- Excellent Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services experience;
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Self-starter, fast learner, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Effective team player;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.