One of our clients, specializing in Banking Services in Malta is looking to recruit a Database Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Plan and perform periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies, propose and implement re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes;
- Database Architecture and Governance;
- Act as Data Team Lead on specific projects;
- Drive the preparation of database policies, standards, and procedures;
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively and that all internal database policies, standards and procedures are adhered to;
- Design and ensure the establishment of the maintenance, monitoring and control of the Bank’s database architecture;
- Establish, promote and ensure adherence to the data management standards, guidelines, best practice and techniques set;
- Manage the budgets associated with tools owned/ projects being delivered by his/her team;
- Ensure that databases are setup and maintained against industry standards of security, availability, and integrity;
- Ensure that proactive monitoring is in place and health checks are regularly applied to guarantee maximum uptime and performance;
- Plan, manage and test recovery procedures in accordance with the organisation’s disaster recovery plans. Implements recovery procedures when necessary;
- Implement Capacity Planning and ensure that this is reviewed and updated on a regular basis;
- Establish metrics for tracking and measuring the value of Data Management initiatives and infrastructure;
- Establish and monitor process improvements and efficiencies to improve on the defined KPIs;
- Perform Supplier Management for the vendors under his/her purview.
- A first/second degree level of education in IT or Engineering or equivalent specialised training in technical management;
- Oracle Certified Professional. Linux certification LPIC-1/2 or equivalent;
- 4+ years’ experience in Database Administration;
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Oracle and MS SQL database environments;
- Extensive experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQL;
- Experience in Cloud Technologies such as Microsoft Azure and WAS;
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project and cost management disciplines;
- Excellent written & oral communication in English;
- Ability to challenge the status quo and inspire others to identify opportunities and areas for improvement;
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.);
- Proven experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Must also be willing to travel on occasion in order to attend training/conferences or manage supplier relations.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Analytical and logical mindset;
- Problem solving with a can-do attitude;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Good interpersonal & presentation skills.