Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Data Operations Team Lead
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Would you like to lead and mentor a team of operations and support data engineers in the exciting world of big data? You will be responsible for the day-to-day and secure operations of Melita’s data analytics platforms including data lakes, ETLs and ELTs, data warehouses, curated datasets, visualization tools, reporting portals, and data pipelines. The team is also responsible to deploy new features to production, execute and improve data tests and automate operational tasks. You will also be collaborating with the BI Development team, data source owners, third-party solution providers, and business analysts.
- Ensure proper coverage of the operations all year round. This requires both proactive maintenance and constant monitoring (from performance to data quality monitoring, from database maintenance and upgrades to backups and recovery processes, from managing access control to monitoring audit logs);
- Conduct a daily standup and provide a daily operational update;
- Identify and resolve issues on time, perform root cause analysis, escalate + follow-up as necessary;
- Continuously improve data observability (including data checks and alerting automation, introducing additional data quality rules);
- Ensure that data governance and data security policies are adhered to and system enforced;
- Manage version control and development environment, plan and conduct production deployments.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Good experience in a similar Data Operations/Data Engineering role managing large data volumes and heterogeneous data sources;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, and Excel;
- Strong Team Player;
- Detailed oriented and attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Very good written and spoken English.